Matthew,

>> Check out page 188 of the Retrospect User's Guide to the solution to this
>> problem. Your ATAPI miniport driver is probably disabled. If you're still
>> having a problem, please contact tech support.
>
> Thanks.  I have fallen into the classic trap of having used the MacOS version
> for years and now that I've started installing the Windows version I've not
> read the manual as "its just like the Mac version".

Oops ... this change produces a "Blue Screen of Death" as soon as I try to
get Retrospect to configure devices.  BTW the CD-R is on the same SCSI bus
as the tape drive ... it is not an IDE CD-R.

Cheers,  Malcolm

                       Information Alchemy Pty Ltd
                             ACN 089 239 305
                           Canberra, Australia

Malcolm McLeary                                  Mobile:   0412 636 086
Managing Director                                Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     This message was sent using Outlook Express 5.0 for Macintosh.