Heh - having been the client of veritaas netbackup that failed to restore my SUN box I
can say I would stay away.

Place that I worked at tried to use netbackup as a solution for their Windows and Mac
clients.  Bottom line was that they never got the Mac client to work reliably and they
finally gave up on the Windows client as it was flaky beyond belief, impossible to
uninstall or upgrade.

Once they got everything set up perfectly according to the vendor, they were able to
improve their windows client backup success rate to about 60%, up from 10-15%.  Not
really an effective backup solution for desktop/laptop clients. It works OK for UNIX
backups but as I mentioned the one time I needed them they couldn't restore my server.

And you can pass on from me that I currently back up over 4500 windows machines using
retrospect from Mac servers that work.

Cheers,

Erik Ableson