Hi all,

I'm currently looking to purchase an uninterruptable power supply (UPS)
unit for our beige G3 mac, which runs both Retrospect and ASIP 6.3.  I know
with Win NT machines, the APC UPS units will automatically shut the server
down before they run out of power. Since I've never bought one of these for
the Mac, I was hoping to get guidance on purchasing a UPS that can turn the
machine off.  I know that currently on my box, Retrospect won't even shut
down unless I enter a password, but I can change that if I need to do
so.  Has anyone gotten a system like mine to work with a Mac UPS system?

Rob McCord

Department of Immunobiology
Guy's, King's and St. Thomas' School
of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences