on 3/5/2000 10:19 AM, Moe Rubenzahl at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I need to set up tape backup for a web site which runs on four Sun
> Solaris Unix boxes and one NT machine. Unfortunately, it does not
> look like Retrospect can do the job. Anyone have experience with
> other solutions or have any suggestions?

Run Samba on the UNIX boxes to provide SMB filesharing. You can then mount
the shared drives on the NT box (if that's your backup platform) or buy DAVE
for the Mac OS and use that to mount the UNIX and NT drives on the Mac in
order to back them up using Retrospect.

<><
Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 Fax 979.845.2157 ICQ 34792860
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>