>I can't seem to correlate my actions with any specific
>results...sometimes one of the options above will seem to help for a
>few days but then BOOM...Hardware Failure? Is this a buffer underrun
>proplem or something or is the media (Tapes) the problem?

If nothing else works maybe restarting the server after each back-up will
do it?

That makes my machine up and running but I have quite a diffrent setup from
yours... The problem on my side is that the back-up doesn't even start
unless that machine is restarted sort of frequentley.

Now days it works beautifully... or, using other words, it works the way
it's suppose to!

/ jakob