Sometimes when I put a CD disk into my burner it sounds like
something is going around and around but I don't get the dreaded
media failure response.

The computer just freezes and forces a restart.

I have let it sit and do that for up to 15 minutes with the hope that
maybe it is really doing something  but so far I can't see that it is
up to any good.

The disk repeats the performance the next time I try to use it.

What has happened?

Another disk will work fine

Bruce Haig                 Explorers of the West Sketchbook Project

New address:

Historical Research Centre  * 1115 - 8 Ave. S. * Lethbridge, Alberta,
Canada   T1J 1P7