I have Retrospect 4.2 running on a dedicated machine (Quadra 950, Mac
OS 8.1, Travan tape).  It backs up my AppleShare IP 6.2 server.

When the tape fills up and Retrospect stops to ask for a new tape,
problems are created on the server.  Whichever volume was being
backed up when the request is posted ends up having files that can't
be found, can't be opened, or for which the owner is said to not have
sufficient privileges.  Rebooting the server corrects these problem
(files can be found and are OK, etc.)

Unfortunately, finding a convenient time to reboot my server every
week is not easy.  Any thoughts?

Eric Zylstra