Yeah, I kinda had this problem with a loader.  I just threw blank tapes in
there and assumed that the backup server would use them in order that it
used storage sets - I had four storage sets assigned to the backup server.
 I never could figure out the rhyme or reason of how the backup server
picked a storage set because it doesn't seem to use them in order.

So what I did was to put four blank tapes in the autoloader and manually
erase each one and name it 1-Storageset1, 1-Storageset2, 1-Storageset3,
1-Storageset4.

Then they stay named correctly forever after even if you reset them to
recycle and the storage set picks the right tape.

I have a feeling this isn't the *right* way to do it probably, it's just a
workaround that....well worked.

HTH,
Mark Maytum
Pompanoosuc Mills Corporation