on 7/24/2000 1:34 PM, Robert Cooper at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am looking into DLT vs DDS for a tape library.  I went and read the old
> posts on the Ecrix and Mammoth DLT drives.  I was wondering what the user
> experience has been with them now, since it has been some months since these
> posts were put up.

We have been using an Ecrix unit for about nine weeks now, and it's been
performing quite well. It ate a tape last week for some reason (the free one
that came with the drive, wouldn't you know), but I haven't seen any other
problems and it's more than twice as fast as our DDS-3 drive.

Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 * Fax 979.845.2157 * Hip 979.229.4323
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>