as noone had an additional clue, I - again - started to fumble around with
this phenomenia...
I just found out..

this piece of #@'%%@, named Omniview Pro Keyboard/Mouse/Video 8 port Switch
was responsible for all the trouble.
This piece is total crap!!
Never buy such stuff, dont't make the same mistake as we did. It is
expensive as hell and ruins everything.
Our NT Server wont work, cause it makes strange things on the PS2 port, and
it does the same @#+*! with our ADB Macs, like our BackupServer.
By sending an nevernending stream of keyboads command like option and
command, probably a few tab keystrokes too, it sends the apps around in the
finder, which leads to malfunction..
And no, I had not set Retrospect to stop working when sent to the
background. Retrospect was obviously irretated by all the keyboard commands.

Again, pls dont buy the Omniview Pro Keyboard/Mouse/Video 8port Switch.

Fa. Vision
EDV Abteilung
Arabellastr. 33
81925 München