on 8/16/2000 2:01 PM, jakob krabbe at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> We're looking into getting an AppleShare IP server for filesharing and it
> has brought to my attention that an ASIP server cannot be used as a
> Retrospect client!
> Is that true and if so, how have you guys solved that problem?

Well, somebody must have forgotten to tell my server about it, 'cuz it works
great as a Retrospect client. Now, I wouldn't recommend using an ASIP server
as a Retrospect *server* for performance reasons, but some people are even
doing that successfully.

Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 * Fax 979.845.2157 * Hip 979.229.4323
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>