Hi Xavier,

Retrospect only communicates over port 497. If the machine in the DMZ has a
static IP address, and you log it in that way, then only TCP/IP
communication is required. Otherwise, UDP multicast packets must be allowed
on port 497 as well, in order for Retrospect to "discover" the client at the
beginning of each operation.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Eric Ullman