>Hi all,
>
>If I embark on updating all the Mac clients over the network, do the Mac
>clients need to be restarted, like the Windoz ones?

No, the backups will continue under the old client until the computer
reboots, at which time the new client kicks in.

However, be aware that if any of your computers run Norton
Anti-Virus' Auto-Protect extension, your Macs will crash when the
server tries to update them.  I found this out the hard way.

Chris

Chris Freemesser, University of Rochester
Department of Brain & Cognitive Sciences /
       Center for Visual Science
Meliora Hall, Room 244
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:  (716)275-0786