Hmmm...At first I couldn't see the point of this but after thinking about it
it seems quite useful.

I was thinking that it would require a program that creates some sort of
proprietary zip file format that includes info about other files in the set.
I suppose spanning could be used to this effect (which is built into most
zip programs) but it seems to be tied to the floppy drive.  I suppose the
best solution would be a program that let you set a "maximum file size"
variable and then it would creat independent zip files.  It could even
support it's own proprietary "index file" to keep track of groups of zip
files and what's in each one.  Also, in this scenario, if one of the zip
files was to get corrupted you wouldn't lose everything (as you do with
spanning).

I've never heard of a zip program that does this but there should be and if
there isn't I may have stumbled upon my next programming project.

Joel Moore