We have been having ongoing problem with G4 machines (Apple machines,
not upgrade cards) dropping out of backups with 519 errors and
leaving OT not working on the client machine (we can restore it with
a sleep/wake as well as a restart).

We have not yet tried changing the protocol to AppleTalk...looks like
that should be the next thing on our list.

Have you tried it with OS 8.6 and a G4?

Adrian Smith