Adam Gerstein wrote:

> I'm getting a bunch of open-file type errors when backing up a machine that
> hosts my contact/planner servers. Does anyone else have this problem? Any
> suggestions for the best way around it? I would guess that I need to quit
> the servers for the duration of the backup, but I'm not sure about the best
> way to implement that....
> Suggestions?

I use a QuickKeys script to quit all of the Now applications prior to backup
and have them restart at a specified time before start of business the next

Best Regards,

Chuck Hornish, KF6YBC
Narnia Information Systems, Inc.
Fountain Valley, California 92708 USA

Voice: 714-963-7742      FAX: 714-593-5808

Delivering precisely defined database solutions since 1992.

Search:  <>