From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
Of Thone, Bradley A (Sbcsi)
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 9:27 AM
To: 'retro-talk'
Subject: RE: Anyone used Retrospect on medium-large systems?

Suppose the first client of the night meets the threshold value, so Backup
Server starts a backup.

30 seconds into the backup, the client's CPU-sucking OpenGL screen saver and
a virus scan both kick in.

Now, all your other clients are piled up behind this (now slow) client.

It's not perfect, but I do set a threshold value of 500 (which is 30
MB/min). And I still have run into cases where a client has dragged the
backups to a near halt.

Brad.