Al Byrne ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) recycled some electrons by writing:

> Concur! This one is very close to the top of my wishlist. I am aware that
> Applescript can calculate the free space on a volume, so an automated
> workaround to this one should be possible.
>
> IE: if freespace on backup HD > xGb, run normal backup, else run new media
> backup, and increment value of xGb.
>
> Sadly, my Applescripting abilities aren't quite up to the task!

tell application "Finder"
    set space to (free space of startup disk) / 1024 / 1024
end tell

if space < 50 then
    --new media thing
else
    --normal thing
end if

I've never scripted RetroSpect before, but the above is the start of what
you need. Anyone care to continue it?

Stewart