Are you using Retrospect Client on the NT Server or are you using network
shares?

If you are using shares, there are two sets of permissions that are in
effect--the share permissions and the file permissions.  Share permissions
are accessed through the "Sharing" tab of the properties dialog for the
shared folder.

Other than that, I'm not sure.

Joel Moore