Wasn't it retro-talk who once said...

>Subject: Re: -24007 error backing up NT server
>From: "Irena Solomon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:05:49 -0800
>
>Also ensure that all files have the security permissions set to allow read
>access or higher to administrators, and that the Retrospect client software
>was installed while logged in as Administrator.
>
>Regards,

[snip]

>Subject: RE: -24007 error backing up NT server
>From: "Scott Dunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:48:48 -0800
>
>I would suggest checking the logon settings for the Retrospect client
>service in the Services Control Panel.  Make sure that the service logs on
>as THE administrator account for that machine.  This will provide complete
>access to the hard drive.  Keep in mind that just using an account with
>administrative privileges is not enough.  Especially domain admin accounts.
>I've tried both of those and failed.  When I used the admin account for the
>machine, it worked fine.

Okay, well I seem to have things working now. It was a "security"
permissions issue at a lower level. Apparently some "new" folders did not
automatically adopt the parent folder's permissions. I'm back in the game
now. Thanks for the suggestions. They did, ultimately, lead me in the
right direction.

|     Doug Starkey                             |
|     Network Administrator                    |
|     Pecan Deluxe Candy Company               |
|     2570 Lone Star Drive                     |
|     Dallas, TX 75212-6308                    |
|     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|     voice: 214-631-3669 Ext. 108             |
|     fax: 214-631-5833                        |