We're making this slightly less confusing in the upcoming UI rewrite. The
"Set Submitted" link is going away, and instead there will be a "Close"
drop-down with "Discard" and "Submitted." It doesn't entirely eliminate the
problem, but it's I think an improvement.

I'm slowly working on a manual that should make this more clear if people
get confused.

VMware, Inc.