On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 10:16 PM, SamClark <pimp.roc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble finding instructions on explicitly using gnu diff
> while still preserving repo information. How do I work it into say
> 'svn diff -r 12:13 >testdiff' or a post-review.py call?
In my case, I didn't use post-review at all. I wrote an equivalent
script from scratch that just targets our source control system, and
mimics the command-line interface we used prior to reviewboard. The
script retrieved the unmodified file from the source control system,
and launched gnu diff on that file against the one in the working
directory. The script then used the diff output to generate a patch
for reviewboard, inserting repository information where necessary.

So in your case, I'd try (off the top of my head):
svn cat -r 12 >old-file
svn cat -r 13 >new-file
diff -u old-file new-file >my-patch

Examine the generated diff. Is it different from the one generated by
svn? If it is, try to see if patch understands it:
patch -u -i my-patch -o patched-file old-file

Muhammad Haggag