Well, I managed to figure out how to edit the database to change the
auth_backend back to builtin, and it's back to working. It was tough
for someone that doesn't know SQL very well though. There's probably a
better way that I'm missing?

I would still like to get AD authentication working though. Is there a
way to play around with it without affecting my admin account?

I am running Python 2.5.4, installed via the standard Python.org
installer. I attempted to install python-ldap with easy_install python-
ldap but it was complaining about something so I used the Windows MSI
installer I found above.

I'm not sure where to get the crypt module from. Some random Googling
seems to indicate that this might provide it, but I have no idea if
it's the right thing or not: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TracLDAPAuth/1.0

Thanks for your quick reply. Let me know if there's a way I can try
changing the auth_backend without messing with the admin account.

Jeremy