Well, I managed to figure out how to edit the database to change the auth_backend back to builtin, and it's back to working. It was tough for someone that doesn't know SQL very well though. There's probably a better way that I'm missing?
I would still like to get AD authentication working though. Is there a way to play around with it without affecting my admin account? I am running Python 2.5.4, installed via the standard Python.org installer. I attempted to install python-ldap with easy_install python- ldap but it was complaining about something so I used the Windows MSI installer I found above. I'm not sure where to get the crypt module from. Some random Googling seems to indicate that this might provide it, but I have no idea if it's the right thing or not: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TracLDAPAuth/1.0 Thanks for your quick reply. Let me know if there's a way I can try changing the auth_backend without messing with the admin account. Jeremy On Jan 26, 5:29 pm, Christian Hammond <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi Jeremy. > > From the exception, it sounds like you don't have the crypt module. > What version of Python are you running and how did you install it? > > If you can look for some missing crypt model, you may be able to fix > this quickly and log in again. If not, I'll work up a small set of > instructions to reset your auth backend. > > Christian > > On 1/26/09, Jeremy G <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > > > Hi all, > > > I got a Review Board install up and running on Windows, which was no > > small feat. It was working really well, and I'm really impressed with > > the tool. > > > I got a little ambitious and tried switching to Active Directory > > authentication, after installing python-ldap from here: > >http://www.osuch.org/python-ldap > > > I don't know much about AD so there's a good chance I screwed this up. > > I can't login anymore. When I try as a user with my AD credentials, I > > just get denied. When I try as admin (which isn't a valid AD login) I > > get a traceback (below). > > > Is there a way for me to manually edit the settings to go back to just > > normal account authorization? Or did I do something incorrectly when > > installing python-ldap? > > > I can't find where the settings are kept so I assumed it's in the DB? > > I'm using sqlite3. > > > Thanks very much for any help you can provide! Keep up the great work! > > > Jeremy > > > Possibly useful META: > > AUTH_TYPE None > > > ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX u'/csi_reviews/media/admin/' > > AD_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER u'' > > AD_DOMAIN_NAME u'CSI' > > AD_FIND_DC_FROM_DNS False > > AD_GROUP_NAME u'' > > AD_OU_NAME u'' > > AD_RECURSION_DEPTH None > > AD_USE_TLS False > > > Environment: > > > Request Method: POST > > Request URL:http://c-dev-macpro.calgaryscientific.local/csi_reviews/admin/ > > Django Version: 1.0.2 final > > Python Version: 2.5.4 > > Installed Applications: > > ['django.contrib.admin', > > 'django.contrib.auth', > > 'django.contrib.contenttypes', > > 'django.contrib.markup', > > 'django.contrib.sites', > > 'django.contrib.sessions', > > 'djblets.datagrid', > > 'djblets.feedview', > > 'djblets.siteconfig', > > 'djblets.util', > > 'djblets.webapi', > > 'reviewboard.accounts', > > 'reviewboard.admin', > > 'reviewboard.changedescs', > > 'reviewboard.diffviewer', > > 'reviewboard.iphone', > > 'reviewboard.reports', > > 'reviewboard.reviews', > > 'reviewboard.scmtools', > > 'reviewboard.webapi', > > 'django_evolution'] > > Installed Middleware: > > ('django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware', > > 'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware', > > 'django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware', > > 'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware', > > 'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware', > > 'djblets.siteconfig.middleware.SettingsMiddleware', > > 'reviewboard.admin.middleware.LoadSettingsMiddleware', > > 'djblets.log.middleware.LoggingMiddleware', > > 'reviewboard.admin.middleware.CheckUpdatesRequiredMiddleware') > > > Traceback: > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg\django > > \core\handlers\base.py" in get_response > > 86. response = callback(request, *callback_args, > > **callback_kwargs) > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg\django > > \contrib\admin\views\decorators.py" in _checklogin > > 55. user = authenticate(username=username, > > password=password) > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg\django > > \contrib\auth\__init__.py" in authenticate > > 34. for backend in get_backends(): > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg\django > > \contrib\auth\__init__.py" in get_backends > > 27. backends.append(load_backend(backend_path)) > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg\django > > \contrib\auth\__init__.py" in load_backend > > 14. raise ImproperlyConfigured, 'Error importing > > authentication backend %s: "%s"' % (module, e) > > > Exception Type: ImproperlyConfigured at /csi_reviews/admin/ > > Exception Value: Error importing authentication backend > > reviewboard.accounts.backends: "No module named crypt" > > -- > -- > Christian Hammond - [email protected] > VMware, Inc. --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
