Given that this error has been seen on both yours and ClearCase, it's
possible it's somewhere internal to Review Board.

Try this... Edit reviewboard/webapi/, scroll down to the new_diff
function, and locate the "except Exception, e:" line.

Remove that whole block for that exception (including the except: line) and
then restart your web server.

If you run post-review with --debug again, you should see an error page
instead (assuming you still have DEBUG set to True). I imagine this is where
the error is being caught and turned into a field error.

I'd really like to know what the results are of this test, and where the
problem is.

Christian Hammond -
Review Board -
VMware, Inc. -

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Thilo-Alexander Ginkel <>wrote:

> Hello Christian,
> On Wednesday 12 August 2009 22:25:03 Christian Hammond wrote:
> > There's another thread on this problem as well. Are you using ClearCase?
> no, this happens with a proprietary SCM, for which I added support to RB
> and
> post-review. So, I cannot rule out that my scm implementation is subtly
> broken
> and the error was masked in versions up to 1.0rc2.
> Regards,
> Thilo

To post to this group, send email to