Given that this error has been seen on both yours and ClearCase, it's
possible it's somewhere internal to Review Board.

Try this... Edit reviewboard/webapi/json.py, scroll down to the new_diff
function, and locate the "except Exception, e:" line.

Remove that whole block for that exception (including the except: line) and
then restart your web server.

If you run post-review with --debug again, you should see an error page
instead (assuming you still have DEBUG set to True). I imagine this is where
the error is being caught and turned into a field error.

I'd really like to know what the results are of this test, and where the
problem is.