On Wednesday 12 August 2009 22:55:44 Christian Hammond wrote:
> Given that this error has been seen on both yours and ClearCase, it's
> possible it's somewhere internal to Review Board.
>
> Try this... Edit reviewboard/webapi/json.py, scroll down to the new_diff
> function, and locate the "except Exception, e:" line.
>
> Remove that whole block for that exception (including the except: line) and
> then restart your web server.
>
> If you run post-review with --debug again, you should see an error page
> instead (assuming you still have DEBUG set to True). I imagine this is
> where the error is being caught and turned into a field error.
>
> I'd really like to know what the results are of this test, and where the
> problem is.

Strangely, RB seems to route the diff upload through the ClearCase SCM. The
error happens at:

[...]
reviewboard\scmtools\core.py:51
reviewboard\scmtools\clearcase.py:43
reviewboard\scmtools\clearcase.py:81:
  elem_path = elem_path[elem_path.rindex("vobs/")+5:]

Vars:
  drive ''
  elem_path u'/MessageConfiguration.java'
  path u'/MessageConfiguration.java'