I got an ImportError when I tried doing imp.find_module("lucene").
I saw that lucene is installed in python2.5 and the default python used was
2.6. So I changed the default python to 2.5 and now the import does work.

But after restarting Apache the checkbox is still disabled. How does
mod_python choose the installation of python to use?

-David