This post is related to another titled "Problems using API to load
diff" on 12/16/2009.
As in that post, I'm trying to create an automated post-commit review
monitor.
In this post I document the approach of using post-review to generate
my reviews.
I'm using ReviewBoard 1.0.4 with Subversion.

I'm shelling out to call post-review from a c++ program on an Ubuntu
system.  However, entering the post-review command by hand looks like
this:

post-review --repository-url=svn://svnserver/TDL/Projectspost-review --
repository-url=svn://svnserver/TDL/Projects --revision-range=9352 -d -
p /trunk/TDL/Application/bin/TwnFwEoffload/src/TwnFwEoffload.cpp

>>> svn info svn://svnserver/TDL/Projects
>>> repository info: Path: svn://svnserver/TDL/Projects, Base path: /, Supports
>>> changesets: False
>>> changing repository info base_path from / to
>>> /trunk/TDL/Application/bin/TwnFwEoffload/src/TwnFwEoffload.cpp
>>> svn diff --diff-cmd=diff
>>> svn://svnserver/TDL/Projects/trunk/TDL/Application/bin/TwnFwEoffload/src/twnfweoffload....@9352
>>>
>>> svn://svnserver/TDL/Projects/trunk/TDL/Application/bin/TwnFwEoffload/src/twnfweoffload....@head
>>> Looking for 'localhost /' cookie in
>>> /home/reviewboard/.post-review-cookies.txt
>>> Cookie file loaded, but no cookie for this server
==> Review Board Login Required
Enter username and password for Review Board at http://localhost/
Username: jim0001
Password:
>>> Logging in with username "jim0001"
>>> HTTP POSTing to http://localhost/api/json/accounts/login/: {'username':
>>> 'jim0001', 'password': '**************'}
>>> Logged in.
>>> Attempting to create review request for None
>>> HTTP GETting /api/json/repositories/
>>> HTTP GETting /api/json/repositories/1/info/
>>> repository info: Path: svn://svnserver/TDL/Projects, Base path:
>>> /trunk/TDL/Application/bin/TwnFwEoffload/src/TwnFwEoffload.cpp, Supports
>>> changesets: False
>>> HTTP POSTing to http://localhost/api/json/reviewrequests/new/:
>>> {'repository_path': u'svn://svnserver/TDL/Projects'}
>>> Review request created
>>> Uploading diff, size: 49775
>>> HTTP POSTing to http://localhost/api/json/reviewrequests/213/diff/new/:
>>> {'basedir':
>>> '/trunk/TDL/Application/bin/TwnFwEoffload/src/TwnFwEoffload.cpp'}
Error uploading diff: One or more fields had errors (105)
>>> {u'fields': {u'path': [u"Failure opening
>>> '/trunk/TDL/Application/bin/TwnFwEoffload/src/TwnFwEoffload.cpp/TwnFwEoffload.cpp'\n'/trunk/TDL/Application/bin/TwnFwEoffload/src/TwnFwEoffload.cpp'
>>>  is not a directory in filesystem 'D:/SVN/Repositories/TDL/Projects/db'"]},
>>> u'stat': u'fail', u'err': {u'msg': u'One or more fields had errors',
>>> u'code': 105}}
Your review request still exists, but the diff is not attached.

Looks like post-review is trying to open the diff file from /trunk
which is not a good file system path.  From my understanding the diff
file should be coming from SVN into a temporary file.  Is there a fix
for this or am I setting up the parameters wrong?

Jim