#3 should certainly work, but you'd need to write custom code for that.

#2 isn't supported today.

#1 would work except there's that odd logic based on number of parameters.
We definitely should fix that. You may want to go through the code and
disable that to see if it works for you. This would be around line 1154 (in
the latest nightlies). See:

           if len(args) == 1:
                repository_info.set_base_path(args[0])
            elif len(args) > 1:
                files = args

Just get rid of the first conditional.

If that works, then what we should do is patch post-review to allow setting
the base path using --base-path instead of assuming it's the first
parameter.