Sorry, I finally tracked down the issue. There was a bug in our auth
backend that was throwing an exception, but inside the djblets code, it
was silently catching and ignoring all exceptions from custom auth
backends. I temporarily removed that catch and I was able to track down
the cause of the original exception. We're working smoothly now.

Thank you for your help!