In a followup to an old thread from last year (http://
615b108947474d86?pli=1), I encountered this error while trying to
install PyLucene:

/usr/bin/python: module jcc has no associated file

Like the OP, I am new to most things python and lucene.  The OP
figured out the issue but then didn't give specifics.  I likewise
figured it out eventually, so I figured I'd give a little more info in
case it should help others.  It's more accurately a pylucene issue,
but since it happened in the course of installing reviewboard for me
as well, and since this came up at the top of my search even excluding
reviewboard from the criteria, it seemed as good a place as any to
record the info.

In my case, I'm on CentOS 5.4 64-bit, Python 2.4, OpenJDK 1.6.
setuptools 0.6c11.  Looking at the options in the Makefile, I picked
the one that seemed to match the best:
# Linux     (Ubuntu 8.10 64-bit, Python 2.5.2, OpenJDK 1.6, setuptools
JCC=$(PYTHON) -m jcc --shared

Well it turns out that the python version impacts the JCC command
significantly.  For my version of python, they suggested:
JCC=$(PYTHON) $(PREFIX_PYTHON)/lib/python2.4/site-packages/jcc/

But I didn't have my jcc files located there.  I had to pay attention
to where the jcc installation placed the files.  What I ended up with
JCC=$(PYTHON) $(PREFIX_PYTHON)/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/JCC-2.5.1-

Hope this helps!

Happy user? Let us know at