Hi Jan, thanks so much for the suggestion, I forgot to think about
trying this earlier. This helped me figure out the problem - turns out
the public key I had set up for the apache user in it's .ssh directory
was not the same key I set up on the cvs server, so reviewboard/the
apache user was unable to login via ssh.

This fixed my issue and it seems like reviewboard is working fine now
- able to detect and upload changes with post-review and on the server/
webapp, able to view the diffs. Thanks so much!