On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:19, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> I know what other people have done is written custom auth backends to talk
> to a central database for users, so instead of creating/updating users in
> Review Board based on redmine's data, you'd just have Review Board use
> redmine for authentication in some way.
>
> I'm not familiar enough with redmine, but if it could use something like
> LDAP for authentication, that'd be even easier.

Redmine does support LDAP as a backend and adding a custom
authentication backend to Redmine is also trivial (just implement an
AuthSource - takes less than 40 lines of code for simple DB-based
authentication).

What I could consider somewhat problematic with these custom auth
backends in both Review Board and Redmine is the "pull" approach that
is implemented by them: The user account data is only pulled from the
backend when an account is used for the first time, so you cannot add
somebody as a reviewer before he has signed on at least once.

Regards,
Thilo