On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitch...@kde.org> wrote:

> On 6/30/2010 2:34 PM, Christian Hammond wrote:
> > You actually can add a user in LDAP who is not in Review Board as a
> > reviewer. They won't appear in the autocomplete, but if you type the
> > name it will work. Review Board checks the auth backend for any
> > unrecognized names that are entered and pulls them down then.
> >
> > Going the LDAP route solves the password issue too. How would you
> > set/change passwords using the REST method? You're unlikely to get
> > password data from redmine (I would expect).
> That was the idea behind using OpenID for authentication; then we don't
> have to be in the business of storing passwords for any of the webapps
> (ReviewBoard is IIRC currently the only one of our webapps that doesn't
> support it; MediaWiki, Drupal and Redmine all do).
> --Jeff
Right. I was speaking more on a general level with LDAP. I wasn't really
sure how many people from which groups were involved in this discussion :)

OpenID is something I'd like to see. It won't happen for 1.5 (we're about to
release our RC and then hopefully the final release shortly after), but
probably 1.6 (which I want to be a much shorter release).