On Wednesday, June 30, 2010, Thilo-Alexander Ginkel <th...@ginkel.com> wrote:
> Redmine does support LDAP as a backend and adding a custom
> authentication backend to Redmine is also trivial (just implement an
> AuthSource - takes less than 40 lines of code for simple DB-based
> authentication).
>
> What I could consider somewhat problematic with these custom auth
> backends in both Review Board and Redmine is the "pull" approach that
> is implemented by them: The user account data is only pulled from the
> backend when an account is used for the first time, so you cannot add
> somebody as a reviewer before he has signed on at least once.
>
> Regards,
> Thilo

You actually can add a user in LDAP who is not in Review Board as a
reviewer. They won't appear in the autocomplete, but if you type the
name it will work. Review Board checks the auth backend for any
unrecognized names that are entered and pulls them down then.

Going the LDAP route solves the password issue too. How would you
set/change passwords using the REST method? You're unlikely to get
password data from redmine (I would expect).