I think the Django install was the problem... I ended up trying to
clean everything out and trying to re-install django. I removed the
.egg file once and re-did easy_install but it looks like I needed to
remove whatever was in /usr/lib/python-2.4/site-packages/django/ too.

Is the mysql user cached somewhere?

I can connect to my DB fine now using 'mysql -u reviewboard -p" and
inputting the password I see  <site_dir>/conf/settings_local.py but I
still get a MYSQL error in my error_log.

Am I missing something?

I tried re-granting with:

grant all privileges on *.* to reviewbo...@localhost identified by
'PASSWORD_FROM_SETTINGS_LOCAL';

Am I missing something. It's proventing me from moving forward.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> How did you upgrade Review Board? It sounds more like your version of Django
> is too old.

> VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com
>

> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM, CharlesG <charl...@unixrealm.com> wrote:
>>
>> I just recently took over a ReviewBoard install... After upgrading to
>> 1.5 following the Doc I get:
>>
>> Mod_python error: "PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython"
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>
>>  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
>> 299, in HandlerDispatch
>>    result = object(req)
>>
>>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/core/handlers/
>> modpython.py", line 228, in handler
>>    return ModPythonHandler()(req)
>>
>>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/core/handlers/
>> modpython.py", line 191, in __call__
>>    self.load_middleware()
>>
>>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/core/handlers/
>> base.py", line 40, in load_middleware
>>    raise exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured, 'Error importing middleware
>> %s: "%s"' % (mw_module, e)
>>
>> ImproperlyConfigured: Error importing middleware
>> reviewboard.admin.middleware: "cannot import name parse_backend_uri"
>>
>> This is with debugging turned on (without I was getting the "Nap"
>> message).
>>
>> I tried altering the tables to InnoDB thinking it would help and it
>> didn't. I re-installed Django and Djblets.
>>
>> What can I do?

>> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Charles Gagnon
http://unixrealm.com