Okay, I think I'm back in business. I was able to restore the mysql password
to what it should be using a backup. I just the encrypted version back so I
don't know what the cleartext is but it works. I will dig later on how to
manage the reviewboard user's mysql password. Seems like it's not from the
settings_local.py file like I thought.
I'm currently back to django 1.1.1... Something must have gone wrong when it
upgraded to 1.2.3. Clearing the django/ directory is what helped me in the
end. So I will retry the upgrade later.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Charles Gagnon <charl...@unixrealm.com>
wrote:
> I think the Django install was the problem... I ended up trying to
> clean everything out and trying to re-install django. I removed the
> .egg file once and re-did easy_install but it looks like I needed to
> remove whatever was in /usr/lib/python-2.4/site-packages/django/ too.
>
> Is the mysql user cached somewhere?
>
> I can connect to my DB fine now using 'mysql -u reviewboard -p" and
> inputting the password I see  <site_dir>/conf/settings_local.py but I
> still get a MYSQL error in my error_log.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> I tried re-granting with:
>
> grant all privileges on *.* to reviewbo...@localhost identified by
> 'PASSWORD_FROM_SETTINGS_LOCAL';
>
> Am I missing something. It's proventing me from moving forward.
>

> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com>
wrote:
>> How did you upgrade Review Board? It sounds more like your version of
Django

--
Charles Gagnon
http://unixrealm.com