I am attempting to setup ReviewBoard to use our GIT repositories on another server via GitWeb.
The issue I'm running into is that I cannot complete the ReviewBoard repository setup UNLESS there is a valid local copy of the GIT repo on the same server. It will error out when clicking save if the Path is either not set or set to a "dummy" .git directory. All the instructions I've found say that the "Path" is not needed/used if the "RAW file url mask" is set. What did work is cloning the repo to the ReviewBoard server and then complete the setup using that path as the Path variable but that seems counter-intuitive to what I want (which is for ReviewBoard to use the GitWeb URL). Is this expected behavior? i.e. is an initial valid repository required only for setup purposes but after that it's never used? Here's a breakdown of what was tried: Attempt one: Failed. It also triggered django failure email to root @ localhost Hosting Service: Custom Repository Type: git Path: <blank> Mirror Path: <blank> RAW File Url mask: http://path/to/gitweb/with<file>and<revision> Attempt two: Failed with: <django.utils.functional.__proxy__ object at 0x2ad39488e510> Hosting Service: Custom Repository Type: git Path: /path/to/dummy_repository Mirror Path: <blank> RAW File Url mask: http://path/to/gitweb/with<file>and<revision> Attempt Three: worked Hosting Service: Custom Repository Type: git Path: /path/to/valid/repository/.git Mirror Path: <blank> RAW File Url mask: http://path/to/gitweb/with<file>and<revision> -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
