Okay, so that works. Perhaps it's a failure elsewhere.

How comfortable are you with Python code? We'd need to add some logging to
find out exactly what the failure is.

Specifically, in reviewboard/webapi/json.py:repository_info, you want to
change:

   except:
       return WebAPIResponseError(request, REPO_INFO_ERROR)

   except Exception, e:
       logging.debug("Error retrieving repository info: %s" % e)
       return WebAPIResponseError(request, REPO_INFO_ERROR)

And then reload your web server.