Ugh. Bad wording. It means what you'd hope it would mean. We had an
unconditional usage of the modpython handler in Django, which could break if
no mod_python support existed on the system.

We don't require Pygments 1.4 to run, but we do require it for installing
through setup.py. You can package it without it. However, this is something
I suspect we'll hit a lot more in the future.

While we work on 2.0, we'll likely put out many more 1.6 releases, rather
than work toward new 1.x releases. Some of these may bump up our
dependencies to work around bugs, improve performance, or introduce new
functionality we may require. I imagine that'll make things more difficult
for packaging.

Christian