That was a terrible suggestion that clearly won't work right. I shouldn't
propose code when heavily distracted.

So what you'd need is some function that can be provided to do the
equivalent of the "if delta.days ..." logic. So instead, perhaps allow for
setting a "get_djblets_ageid_func" function in settings, and if it exists,
call it, passing in the delta. If not, use the existing logic. Then you guys
can do any sort of calculation you want.