@Bradley && @Jack jack,

did you LDAP configuration work after making your respective changes ?
At times, I have noticed that if I leave any field blank in LDAP
authentication page then I get a field cannot be empty error on the
review board log.  This happens even though the field is mentioned as
optional.  do you face this issue ?

@Jack,  Shouldn't the anonymous user mask follow the same pattern as
in user mask? These parameters in your configuration do not match.  I
could be wrong but I understood that usermask pattern and the
anonymous user mask should pass the same pattern.

@Bradley
I have not checked the backends.py and why the filters are required ?
Is this something like hard coding the values for LDAP filters ?