On Tuesday, 12 June 2012 10:59:38 UTC+2, Christian Hammond wrote:

Was there ever any point that you manually ran an evolve command prior to
> this? Or any point where you've hand-modified the database, either through
> MySQL or through the Database viewer in the admin UI?

If I recall correctly there was no problems with the original installation
and previous upgrades so I don't think we would have done so. Same with the
database editing from admin UI.

> Before you do anything else, make an SQL dump of the database. We may have
> to do some surgery.

I have database backups both before attempting the upgrade and after.
Actually I had to restore the database and the earlier version to get
reviewboard in operational condition again as it's in daily use.

Which reminds me that some documentation how backups and previous versions
are restored would be appreciated. The current Administration Guide does
not cover what should be done if the upgrade fails (and what should have
been backed up beforehand).

But as I said, I managed to restore the previous version of RB into use via
the following steps in my environment:

1. Restored the database backup made before the upgrade
 $ mysql reviewboard < my_reviewboard_backup.dmp

2. Restored the site directory backup made before the upgrade
 $ rm /path/to/reviewboard
 $ cp /path/to/reviewboard_backup /path/to/reviewboard/

3. Restored the old reviewboard version into use by using easy_install with
the previous version as the target version
 $ easy_install ReviewBoard==1.6.4.1

4. Restarted apache (and memcached)
 $ /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
 $ /etc/init.d/memcached restart

Some feedback (and possibly an update to the guide?) would be nice if these
were the correct / recommended procedures for such operation.

- Antti