It won't fix existing review requests. The data is truncated at write, so you
have to fix it manually, by hand. It will only prevent the problem for new
review requests.

It's certainly not the content. This is an old, very well known and tested bug.
The problem is that there's only so much room in the field used to store the
JSON payload, which contains the whole of all the changes made since the last
draft. If you had a very long Testing Done, or a smaller Testing Done with a
Description and other fields, or whatever combination, you can trigger this. It
also stores the old and new versions. So going from a large Testing Done to
another large Testing Done would result in this as well.

The fix was to migrate to a larger field that could store much larger data
sets, more than you'll ever actually end up putting into it. That was done at
some point in the 1.6 releases. The upgrade to the new field should be
automatic when upgrading the site.