Hi Christian,
The RB site upgraded fine and after a restart of Apache, I was able to log
in and add new records without the 500 page error.  I am in a testing phase
to ensure that all is as it should be, and thus far it appears that all is
functioning 100%
Thank you for your assistance, I have learnt a valuable lesson.
Many Thanks,