Yes i am using wrapper over post-review script. I am already using stdout
of post-review to get the review id. I wanted to know if there is any API
which will help me get the review id before publishing the review request?
which i can use in my wrapper.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM, Matthew Woehlke

> On 2013-02-20 12:31, chuck j wrote:
>> how to get review request id after successful posting of review request
>> and
>> before publishing the review request.
> Can you be more specific? How are you posting the review request? In what
> form do you need the ID?
> If you are writing a wrapper over post-review and need the request ID
> (e.g. my git-rb script does this), you can redirect the output to a
> temporary file, and find the ID from that like so:
>   matchexpr='Review request #[0-9][0-9]* posted'
>   request="$(sed -n "/^$matchexpr/"'{s/^.*#//;s/ .*$//;p}' "$log")"
> (...where 'log' is a shell variable with the name of the temporary file
> containing the output of post-review.)
> Don't forget to check the exit status of post-review to know if it
> succeeded.
> If you are using the web interface, the ID is part of the URI as soon as
> you create a new request; just look at your address bar.
> If you generically know that there exists a review request draft, the best
> you will be able to do is list all requests, query the status of each, and
> note any that are drafts.
> --
> Matthew

Happy user? Let us know at