Hi everyone,

So some of you have hit database upgrade issues before when upgrading to 1.7
(or, in some cases, 1.6). We've managed to figure out solutions for some of
you, but not all.

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out solutions, find the common cases,
and figure out a fix. Today, I have one that should fix it for at least some of
you. What I really need are volunteers to help test it.

If you're having issues now, or have had issues in the past and still have a
broken database dump handy, I'd appreciate your help. Heck, even if you have
had no issues, and have an old database dump to test.

I have a test version of Django Evolution up at
http://downloads.reviewboard.org/temp/django-evolution/

This version has some new logic that tries to avoid applying database upgrades
for things that are already in the database, which was the core problem most of
you hit.

If you can give this a try, here's what I'd like you to do:

1) Get an installation going with your broken or pre-upgrade database.

2) Install django_evolution from the above URL, using:

    $ sudo easy_install -U django_evolution -f
http://downloads.reviewboard.org/temp/django-evolution/

3) Attempt a Review Board upgrade (rb-site manage /path/to/site upgrade)

4) Assuming it works, try to access the site and make sure things generally
work on it.

Please then reply to this post with the following information:

1) The complete log output.

2) Whether you were testing with a dump from before a past broken upgrade
attempt, or a dump made after that past upgrade attempt failed.

For extra credit, if you have did have a working database dump, sanity-checking
that you don't have any upgrade problems and that the site runs would also
really help me out.

Thanks! Sooner I get some feedback, the sooner I can put this problem to rest.

- Christian