I am using easy_install, but I did use pip once, a few days ago to
downgrade Django to a specific version when I was getting issues of diff
not coming up after upgrading to 1.7.18, but that turned out to be an issue
due to our svn server .. svn update and co were failing, most likely some
vhost conf settings are changed; switching the repository url from https to
http finally worked. During this troubleshooting I did upgrade RB to 2.0
Beta1 using easy_install.

Now what do you suggest?