Have a good sleep Chris .. don't dream on Djblets ;). There are 2 issues
getting interleaved here but I am going to exit now as my issue is RESOLVED
after I deleted previously existing symlink of Djblets-0.7* and manually
added following under the htdocs/static folder of my site. Notice an extra
djblets folder in the end

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  96 Nov 19 03:24 djblets ->
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Djblets-0.8alpha1-py2.6.egg/djblets/htdocs/static/
*djblets*

Thanks a lot Chris for pointers!!