Hi Christian,

Did some more digging along with a coworker on this...

First thing to mention is that the CVSNT server that we are trying to
connect to, R0199562, is CVSNT 2.5.03

Having said that I have tried using :pserver in reviewboard to the local.
 So, for example review board is http://R0150313/reviewboard  trying
:pserver:barry@r0150313:2401:/home/cvs/repositories/QREADS5_1_repo won't
work as a path in reviewboard to add a repository whereas I can cvs login
with that as my root.   /home/cvs/repositories/QREADS5_1_repo contains a
recent copy of the /QREADS5_1_repo from R0199562.

We also came across this
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/889378/how-can-i-list-files-in-cvs-without-an-initial-checkout/

This may explain why things are not working as expected in reviewboard.  Is
it possible there needs to be a reviewboard change or does our CVS image
need to accomodate reviewboard?

Is this helpful toward a solution?

barry@R0150313:~/cvs/repo$ cvs -f -d
:pserver:m022927@R0199562:/QREADS5_1_repo co -l -dTemp . && cd Temp && cvs
-n up -d
cvs server: Updating Temp
cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: New directory `JniKit' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `MCAQREADS' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `MCFQREADS' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `MCRQREADS' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `ORBackupPatientCopier' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `ORBackupPatientCopierResources' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `QReads' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `QReadsApp' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `QReadsBusinessComponent' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `QReadsCommon' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `QReadsDependencies' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `QReadsDicomToolkit' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `QReadsImagingToolkit' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `QReadsJniKit' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `QReadsPersistenceToolkit' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `QReadsResources' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `QReadsTesting' -- ignored
cvs server: New directory `SWT3_5' -- ignored
barry@R0150313:~/cvs/repo/Temp$ ls
CVS
barry@R0150313:~/cvs/repo/Temp$ ls CVS
Entries  Repository  Root
barry@R0150313:~/cvs/repo/Temp$ cat CVS/Entries
barry@R0150313:~/cvs/repo/Temp$ cat CVS/Repository
.
barry@R0150313:~/cvs/repo/Temp$ cat CVS/Root

On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:53:35 PM UTC-6, Barry Novinger wrote:

> [...]
> RCS:  /QREADS5_1_repo/CVSROOT/modules,v
> VERS: 1.1
> ***************
> # Three different line formats are valid:
> # key -a    aliases...
> # key [options] directory
> # key [options] directory files...
> #
> # Where "options" are composed of:
> # -i prog Run "prog" on "cvs commit" from top-level of module.
> # -o prog Run "prog" on "cvs checkout" of module.
> # -e prog Run "prog" on "cvs export" of module.
> # -t prog Run "prog" on "cvs rtag" of module.
> # -u prog Run "prog" on "cvs update" of module.
> # -d dir Place module in directory "dir" instead of module name.
> # -l Top-level directory only -- do not recurse.
> #
> # NOTE:  If you change any of the "Run" options above, you'll have to
> # release and re-checkout any working directories of these modules.
> #
> # And "directory" is a path to a directory relative to $CVSROOT.
> #
> # The "-a" option specifies an alias.  An alias is interpreted as if
> # everything on the right of the "-a" had been typed on the command line.
> #
> # You can encode a module within a module by using the special '&'
> # character to interpose another module into the current module.  This
> # can be useful for creating a module that consists of many directories
> # spread out over the entire source repository.
>

> On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:36:28 PM UTC-6, Barry Novinger wrote:
>>
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> Any new ideas on this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> On Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:25:57 PM UTC-6, Barry Novinger wrote:
>>>
>>> barry@R0150313:~/cvs/repo/QReadsApp$ cvs -d
>>> :pserver:m022927@R0199562:/QREADS5_1_repo checkout QReadsApp
>>> cvs server: Updating QReadsApp
>>> U QReadsApp/.classpath
>>> U QReadsApp/.cvsignore
>>> U QReadsApp/.project
>>> U QReadsApp/.runtime
>>> U QReadsApp/ORBackup.properties
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> U QReadsApp/edu/mayo/qreads/device/WriteToDisk.java
>>> cvs server: Updating QReadsApp/eehTmp
>>> cvs server: Updating QReadsApp/icons
>>> cvs server: Updating QReadsApp/images
>>> U QReadsApp/images/wmp.bmp
>>> cvs server: Updating QReadsApp/routeLists
>>> barry@R0150313:~/cvs/repo/QReadsApp$ ls
>>> QReadsApp
>>> barry@R0150313:~/cvs/repo/QReadsApp$ cd QReadsApp
>>> barry@R0150313:~/cvs/repo/QReadsApp/QReadsApp$ ls
>>> build.xml      log4j.dtd            picn6220.dll
>>> CVS            log4j.xml            picn6320.dll
>>> edu            mcaRouteList.config  picn6520.dll
>>> eehTmp         mcfRouteList.config  qreadsBuild.xml
>>> icons          mcrRouteList.config  QReadsJniKit.dll
>>> images         META-INF             routeLists
>>> jmh263enc.dll  ORBackup.properties  SingleInstanceLaunch.properties
>>> jmjpeg.dll     PegJniKit.dll