Thanks David, that gets me going.

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 5:03:45 PM UTC-8, David Trowbridge wrote:
>
> Greg,
>
> You're probably getting hit by case mismatches (
> https://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/issues/detail?id=3221). We'll be 
> fixing this for 0.5.8.
>
> -David
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Greg Dean <gr...@familydean.net<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi there, I've updated to 0.5.7 and I'm running from cygwin and I get the 
>> same result. Can rbt be run from cygwin? Here is what I get:
>>
>>
>> $ rbt post -d -o 299074
>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Subversion repository...
>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Git repository...
>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Mercurial repository...
>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a CVS repository...
>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Perforce repository...
>> DEBUG:root:Running: p4 info
>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Plastic repository...
>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a ClearCase repository...
>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Bazaar repository...
>> ERROR:root:The current directory does not contain a checkout from a 
>> supported source code repository.
>>
>>
>> On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 1:14:16 PM UTC-8, Karl Nordstrom wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the quick fix! 0.5.7 did it.
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>
>>> On Monday, 3 February 2014 13:50:03 UTC-8, Karl Nordstrom wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Okay, looking forward to getting the fix.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Karl
>>>>
>>>> On Monday, 3 February 2014 13:28:17 UTC-8, David Trowbridge wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Karl,
>>>>>
>>>>> It looks like we introduced a regression in 0.5.6 where it only will 
>>>>> post from the client root. We'll get this sorted out asap.
>>>>>
>>>>> -David
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Karl Nordstrom <north...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> I am attempting to generate a diff using rbt diff from a perforce 
>>>>>> workspace. I get the same error when I do rbt post.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> (Thank you for helping with the previous problem I was having, it 
>>>>>> appears to be resolved with RBTools 0.5.6.)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> My p4config is as follows:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> P4PORT=stork:1666
>>>>>> P4USER=knordstrom
>>>>>> P4CLIENT=knordstrom_passenger
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The p4config appears to be setup correctly. I can do p4 diff from 
>>>>>> the commandline and generate a diff without errors. Unfortunately, this 
>>>>>> diff is not in a format that ReviewBoard understands.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> My .reviewboard rc file is as follows (just one line):
>>>>>>
>>>>>> REVIEWBOARD_URL = "http://reviewboard/";
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have tried the following on the commandline:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> rbt diff -d
>>>>>> rbt diff -d 25012       (the latest changelist number)
>>>>>> rbt post -d
>>>>>> rbt post -d 25012
>>>>>>
>>>>>> In all cases I get the same result:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Subversion repository...
>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Git repository...
>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Mercurial repository...
>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a CVS repository...
>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Perforce repository...
>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Running: p4 info
>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Plastic repository...
>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a ClearCase repository...
>>>>>> DEBUG:root:Checking for a Bazaar repository...
>>>>>> ERROR:root:The current directory does not contain a checkout from a 
>>>>>> supported source code repository.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> When I do p4 info it provides relevant information. I'm hesitant to 
>>>>>> post it here as it shows company specific information.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Is there something that I need to do in the configuration?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Is this something to do with the way that Perforce works? As far as I 
>>>>>> can tell, Perforce works on workspaces (a collection of files that are 
>>>>>> being edited) rather than directories. That said, I would have thought 
>>>>>> that 
>>>>>> RBTools could find it via p4 diff, which references p4config. 
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Ideally, I want to post to reviewboard based on changed files rather 
>>>>>> than an already committed changelist, but right now any solution would 
>>>>>> be 
>>>>>> welcome.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Does anyone have an example of how to configure RBTools to work with 
>>>>>> Perforce? I have searched all over and have not found any concrete 
>>>>>> examples.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>> Karl
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>> Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/
>>>>>> powerpack/
>>>>>> ---
>>>>>> Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
>>>>>> ---
>>>>>> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>>>>>> --- 
>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>>>> Groups "reviewboard" group.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, 
>>>>>> send an email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.
>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>  -- 
>> Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
>> ---
>> Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
>> ---
>> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "reviewboard" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>
>

-- 
Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
---
Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
---
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"reviewboard" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to